rsync processes never die

Scott Russell lnxgeek at us.ibm.com
Fri Mar 8 10:08:45 EST 2002

Greets.

I'm using rsync 2.5.2 but have seen this with 2.5.1. My system is Red Hat
7.2 with the current errata updates. Using rsyncd with xinetd it seems as if
old processes never go away. For example right now I have 3 open rsync
connections according to netstat -nap but 30 rsync --daemon processes going!

All of them show:

  [root at root]$ ps ax | grep rsync
  24950 ?        S      0:05 rsync --daemon
  25930 ?        S      0:31 rsync --daemon

Any clues as to what's going on? Any way I can get more info about this
issue? Nothing is logged into my /var/log/rsyncd.log that is helpful.

Oh yeah, the only options in my /etc/rsyncd.conf are timeout 600 and the
logging directive.

Thanks.

--
Regards,