cygwin rsync and ascii files

michael.protulipac at pncbank.com michael.protulipac at pncbank.com
Thu Jun 27 13:48:02 EST 2002

I am ysyncing text files between NT/95/XP machines and Solaris.   I noted
that the text/ascii files created on the windows platforms contain ^M at
the end of each line when transfered to the Solaris system.  This can be
explained by the binary transmission and can use FTP is ASCII mode to
prevent this from happening.  It is crutial that we preserve the time
stamp, so running dos2unix isn't one of the top solutions (unless I write
something to touch the file back to the "original" time).  Is there an
option to rsync files in ASCII mode?  I would also appreciate and entertain
other solutions.

Thanks in advance,

Mike