Syntax

Richard Ibbotson richard at sheflug.co.uk
Thu Jun 6 06:40:23 EST 2002

Hi

Wonder if anyone can help ?

My own internal domestic server was running fine with most things
until I re-installed today.  Rsync config was done by someone else
who knows what to do.  I don't.  Seems like a good time to learn :)

I'm trying to backup the contents of my home directory to another
internal machine which is at 192.168.1.4 from my home directory which
is at 192.168.1.2.   What are the correct syntax to use ?  I've read
the man page and can't understand any of it.  So, I was hoping to get
some help...

I've tried something like...

rsync -cazv 192.168.1.2/home/user *   192.168.1.4/home/user/backup

but this doesn't work even when I make a folder on the other machine
which is 'backup'.

So, what to do next ?

Thanks

--