option --delete still not completely working (2.5.2)

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Tue Jan 29 01:47:31 EST 2002

There you go - the symlink versus the populated directory.  It's kind of a
safety.  To bypass it, add "--force".
     --force
          This options tells rsync to delete directories even  if
          they  are not empty.  This applies to both the --delete
          option and to cases where rsync tries to copy a  normal
          file  but  the  destination contains a directory of the
          same name.

          Since this option was added, deletions  were  reordered
          to  be  done  depth-first  so  it is hardly ever needed
          anymore except in very obscure cases.

We have cases like this, and --force was the solution.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

Phil Howard <phil-rsync at ipal.net>
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org