meaning of "IO Error: skipping the delete...."

Nitin Agarwal nitin.agarwal at timesgroup.com
Wed Jan 23 19:54:57 EST 2002

Thanks for replying.
As adviced by you, we again ran the command by removing the -v option. The
error it gives now is as follows:
readlink dispatcher/9/done/020119.185124.0000251489.0003: No such file or
directory

We went through our file system for finding the above file, and we found the
file name to be different. It was: "020119.185124.0000251489.3" And this file
was NOT PRESENT in the main server (source)

The same error was encountered for many files, and all the error messages were
showing the last extension of the file to be added with "000".

OUR VIEWS OVER IT:
There could be something programed in rsync which while deleting the files
(which are no longer in the main server) is adding "000" to the last
extension. (.... i mean... could be something like integer extension or
something ?????)

Kindly help me over this....

Thanks & Regards
Nitin Agarwal
NOTE: 1) PLEASE NOTE THAT WE ARE HAVING VERY LARGE FILE SYSTEM. (THE NO. OF
FILES IS VERY LARGE)
2) THE EXACT ERROR WHICH I TOLD U IN MY LAST MAIL WAS "IO Error encountered:
Skipping file deletion
Thanks
Nitin