rsync 2.5.5, "unexpected tag failures", Solaris 2.6 vs. 2.8, "--b locking-io" workaround

Madole, Dave BGI SF Dave.Madole at barclaysglobal.com
Thu Dec 5 22:37:00 EST 2002

Thanks!

In other words, it would be using --blocking-io anyway, and I want it too
use --blocking-io, so the worst the --blocking-io option would be is
redundant if the *SERVER* box was compiled with RSYNC_RSH=rsh (which, in my
case, it wasn't).  The --blocking-io option can't hurt and would be the
default if the builds were consistent and should have no side-effects.

This all seems silly, given that on all the boxes the "remsh"s are just
links to the "rsh"s, but that's Solaris' silliness, not rsync's.

Thanks again,

Dave