What causes this error?

Tom Diehl tdiehl at rogueind.com
Sat Aug 17 17:29:01 EST 2002

Hi,
I currently use rsync to keep numerous machines in sync around our company.
for the most part it works flawlessly. Every so often when copying or updating
some iso images we keep I get the following error:

inflate returned -3 (0 bytes)    0:09:03
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at token.c(416)
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (2494426 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(151)

Can someone tell me what causes this and the proper way to correct it.
Most of the time if I delete the target iso and resync it fixes the problem
but this is not the right answer since it requires me to download several
hundred Mb of data again.

I am using rsync-2.5.4-2 from RedHat Linux 7.3.

--
.............Tom	"Nothing would please me more than being able to
tdiehl at rogueind.com	hire ten programmers and deluge the hobby market

   			We are still waiting ....