Connection refused

Sam Smith sam at itab.com
Thu Aug 1 06:59:13 EST 2002

I'm sure this has been asked a zillion times so I searched for hours before
posting this. How can there be so little documentation on this.

Point me to what to read.

rsh is good:

[g3p:~] smith% rsh -l a1012 sv1.domain.com
Password:
{a1012 at sv1.domain.com:65}

rsync not good:

[g3p:~] smith% rsync -av a1012 at sv1.domain.com:kkk.txt sync/
rsync: open connection using rsh -l a1012 sv1.domain.com rsync
    --server --sender -vlogDtpr . kkk.txt
sv1.domain.com: Connection refused
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes read so far)
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
    /SourceCache/rsync/rsync-8.1/rsync/io.c(140)

Thanks.

Don't worry about the rsh thing I'm only going to have it on till I sync up
one huge directory.