Do you like rsync 2.5.5?

Martin Pool mbp at samba.org
Wed Apr 3 15:57:32 EST 2002

On  2 Apr 2002, Albert Chin <rsync at lists.thewrittenword.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 10:14:50AM +1000, Martin Pool wrote:
> >   Are there any other patches you think really need to go into a 2.5.6
> >   before we proceed?
>
> The attached patch is important for "out of the box" compilation on
> Tru64 UNIX. The FreeBSD issue has been resolved.

OK, thanks.

Zoong Pham also posted a patch for Tru64 that does this, and also a
few other things.  (This is patches/rsync_zoong_tru64.diff)

 - Fix the size_t ternary in batch.c -- now merged.

 - Apparently work around mknod's inability to create pipes or
   sockets.  Is that necessary?  (i.e. does 2.5.5 not copy fifos on
   Tru64?)

 - Something similar to china's patch for getaddrinfo -- merged.

 - Define EAI_ values not defined by the system headers.   After
   seeing the mess in the RH5.2 header files I can sympathize, but
   adding them in by hand will is just not going to work.  Is there
   something else we can do to get the system headers to either
   provide all the values or none?

   At the least we need to test for each value that may be missing it
   and provide it only if so.

--
Martin