RSync on NT

Daniel.J.Botz at Cummins.com Daniel.J.Botz at Cummins.com
Sat Sep 8 01:41:10 EST 2001

I wanted to sync up the directory C:\Data on workstation A to C:\Data on
workstation B.

I first installed CygWin to C:\UAppl\CygWin on both NT workstations and
then I setup RSync to run as a service on workstation A by following the
procedure documented on the RSync web page
(http://rsync.samba.org/rsync/nt.html).

Then I simply started a Cygwin session and at the command prompt, I started
RSync with this:

./bin/rsync.exe --compress --verbose --stats --archive --one-file-system
--delete --rsync-path="/cygdrive/c/UAppl/CygWin/bin/rsync.exe" A::Data
/cygdrive/c/Data

                    "Lach, Thierry"
                    <Thierry.Lach at interonemark        To:     "'Daniel.J.Botz at Cummins.com'" <Daniel.J.Botz at Cummins.com>
                    eting.com>                        cc:
                                                      Subject:     RE: RSync on NT
                    09/07/01 09:36

I'm interested in knowing.  Please share.

How did you get it running as a service - use srvany or other method?