2.4.7p1 protocol differences?

Dave Wreski dave at nic.com
Sat Oct 27 04:19:55 EST 2001

Hi all,

rsync-2.4.6 has been running for quite a while with no problems, until
about a week ago when for some reason it blocked on the same host ever
time.

I use it to backup about thirty hosts to my backup server, but for some
reason it's illiciting that blocking bug that some people experience with
2.4.6. So, I upgraded the client side with 2.4.7, but it complained of
protocol differences. I certainly can't upgrade all 30 hosts to 2.4.7p1,
especially when it's not production-ready yet.

The host that it's blocking on isn't even transferring all that much data.
Maybe fourty or so meg per day. What could be happening?

Thanks,
Dave