rsyncing files larger then 2gb (problem resolve)...

Andre Quintana andre at vestek.com
Thu Oct 25 09:41:44 EST 2001

Dear Folks or the rsync club,

Just to inform some of you who may have read my
problem report about rsyncing files larger then 2gb.

I'm happy to inform you all that the upgrade from
2.3.1 to 2.4.6, has resolved the problem of rsyncing
files larger then 2gb and up to a 5.7gb as tested.

This was performed in a Solaris 2.6 environment.
So, some of you who had to remain on Solaris 2.6
for some particular reason, will not necessary have
to upgrade to Solaris 7 or 8 it appears.  We have up-
graded to Solaris 8 afterwards, and it appears that
nothing has changed regarding rsync, as we con-
sidered the 32 bit kernel switch to 64 bit kernel.

I want to thank some of you who responded to our
temporary problem as it existed.

Sincerely,

Andre Quintana
Server Operations Manager