compilation error

SANJEEV jha_savi at hotmail.com
Sat Oct 6 05:50:46 EST 2001

While running ./configure, I got an error as below -
" compiler cannot create executables"
before this error , it declares that OFFSET is 64.
I also found on rsync.samba.org, which explains my problem.
Note that on some systems you will have to force configure not to use
gcc because gcc may not support some features (such as 64 bit file
offsets) that your system may support. Set the environment variable CC
to the name of your native compiler before running configure in this
case.

Now my question is how to set OFFSET --> 32 ?

Thanks.