How to setup Rsync as an NT Service

Lapo Luchini lapo at lapo.it
Thu Nov 22 11:18:54 EST 2001

> To create the install package described here you will need to obtain a copy of the NT Server or Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit. There are many sources for these utilities. Perhaps the easiest is to get the book and CD from any technical bookstore or online at http://www.amazon.com for as low as $35. Search for:
> The NT Server 4.0 Resource Kit Supplement 4
> Windows 2000 Server Resource Kit

I suggest to add a paragraph to use "cygrunsrv" instead of "srvany" as any
CygWin user can download it easily =)
(as in: cygrunsrv -I "rsyncd" -p /usr/bin/rsync -a '--config /etc/rsync.conf
--daemon')

BTW: whats' wrong in a plain&easy CygWin's precompiled rsync? (I'm interested in
comments&suggestions as I'm the mantainer of that package... ^_^)

--
Lapo 'Raist' Luchini
lapo at lapo.it (PGP & X.509 keys available)