Bandwidth Limits

tim.conway at philips.com tim.conway at philips.com
Wed Nov 21 07:09:18 EST 2001

It is a bit less than obvious... It can be sure about its own kBps, but
wire protocols may vary... 100Mbps of ethernet is not 100/16 ofr 16Mbps
token ring is not 100/1.044 of T1 is not ...whatever....  rsh,, ssh, and
rsync transport protocols vary in overhead... the one thing of which rsync
can be certain is the number of bytes of actual data it transfers... At
least, that's my take on it.

Tim Conway
tim.conway at philips.com
303.682.4917
Philips Semiconductor - Longmont TC
1880 Industrial Circle, Suite D
Longmont, CO 80501
Available via SameTime Connect within Philips, n9hmg on AIM
perl -e 'print pack(nnnnnnnnnnnn,
19061,29556,8289,28271,29800,25970,8304,25970,27680,26721,25451,25970),
".\n" '
"There are some who call me.... Tim?"

uid0 at catastrophe.net
Sent by: rsync-admin at lists.samba.org