modules madness / ssh regardless of daemon

M. Drew Streib dtype at dtype.org
Tue Nov 20 06:07:10 EST 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 01:50:47PM -0500, Brian Clark wrote:
> I'm now wondering how I'm going to mirror anything unattended without
> having a valid ssh login/password in a file some where. On top of
> that, -e ssh renders rsyncd.conf useless (hosts access, auth users,

Transporting with ssh is _optional_ but has all of the added benefits
of the security of ssh.

Leaving off the ssh option, and formatting as Tim suggested earlier, will
use rsync's built in transport, which will behave more like it seems you
are expecting.

-drew

--
M. Drew Streib <dtype at dtype.org>, Free Standards Group
co-founder, SourceForge.net | core team, freedb | sysadmin, Linux Intl.