Problem using -v within rsync transfer.

Dave Dykstra dwd at bell-labs.com
Thu Nov 1 01:00:39 EST 2001

On Tue, Oct 30, 2001 at 04:40:26PM -0700, CRUISE,DAVID (A-FtCollins,ex1) wrote:
> After reading several other postings, we tried removing the -v from our
> rsync command and our success rate improved dramatically (12 successes in a
> row now).
>
> What other platforms have this issue with -v?  Is there a known fix, or is a
> fix in progress?

I don't think the answer to that is clear from the reports sent to the
mailing list.  There are also two versions of hang fixes at
    http://www.clari.net/~wayne/rsync-nohang2.patch
at
    http://www.clari.net/~wayne/rsync-nohang2.patch

Please try them out and see if they fix the problem with -v.

You can also try the 2.4.7pre1 snapshot or the current CVS.  Somebody else
asked recently how to get those so I will give that info in a separate
message.  I had been under the impression that Martin had put one of the
nohang patches into the next version already, but I see now that he
hasn't.  I don't recall any other patches related to hanging that might
already be in the pre-release, but it would still be good to try it.

- Dave Dykstra