@RSYNC EXIT / @RSYNC EOF

Wayne Davison wayned at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 23 10:17:39 EST 2001

On Wed, 22 Aug 2001, Martin Pool wrote:
> I checked in this patch, which is meant to consolidate the ones from
> both of you for handling EOF in a modules list.

OK, this is a good step in the right direction, but the code is still
incompatible if you use a new daemon with an old rsync.  The problem is
that the new daemon always outputs the EXIT msg, even if the client
can't handle it.

We have two options here, either remove the EXIT message (and rely on
the code you just added to avoid complaining about the EOF when listing
modules), or up the PROTOCOL_VERSION and only output the EXIT message if
the client can handle it.

Here's a patch that implements the latter choice:

    http://www.clari.net/~wayne/rsync-EXIT.patch