[clug] mTLS Client Cert Signed by Public CA

jm jeffm at ghostgun.com
Fri Mar 1 00:06:38 UTC 2024

My work is trying to create a client certificate for use with another
party and I've got involved as I'm done more work with openssl and
certificates than I should admit to doing. The stumbling block we are
running into is that the external party is asking us to have the cert
signed by a public CA rather than by them but won't give us a list of
CAs which they will trust. Every Public CA we've looked at so far only
does server certs. Does anyone have a list of or know which Public CAs
will sign client certificates?

Jeff.