[clug] PDFs - forms plus images plus signature

Tony Lewis tony at lewistribe.com
Sun Feb 18 04:19:47 UTC 2024

Hi all,

I came across an interesting issue today.  I was filling in an
application form that had form fields and digital signature fields, plus
wanted a photo inserted.

I couldn't chain the tools together to let me do it in a legitimate
way.  That is, as soon as I added an image (using LibreOffice Draw), I
couldn't sign it as the form elements and signature elements seemed like
they were removed.

I tried other ways, like online PDF annotators (e.g. PDFBuddy) and
Xournal++ but nothing seemed to solve the problem.

Is there a solution?  Specifically, is there a way of adding an image to
a PDF and still preserving fields?

Thanks,

Tony