[clug] Is there volunteer group in Canberra to help people load Linux for the first time?

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Wed May 31 23:13:50 UTC 2023

I’ve a friend who’s saying “I need to upgrade to Windows 11”.

I’d like to be able to say, “You should give Linux a go”,
but I can’t think of a place to refer her to.

Installing Linux for the First Time is a big deal for Microsoft Only users…
Once you understand the terms & concepts, there’s enough material
for self-support available, at least for most people.

If I was in Adelaide, I’d send her along to “ITShare”.

But I’ve struck a blank in Canberra.

The PCUG “Linux Learner’s” SIG - I know nothing about it
and am not sure they are more than enthusiasts meeting & chatting.

Any hints?
Any stories of what’s worked or not worked for others?

stevej

================

ITShare - Adelaide Hills.
	Use "Linux Mint”, "unencumbered open source
	<https://itshare.org.au>”

================

Canberra Tech Shed, Charnwood
	A Microsoft Third Party Refurbisher (MTPR)
	<https://canberracitycare.org/tech-shed/>

================

PCUG: Advanced Linux Users Group = Canberra Linux Users Group (CLUG)
	<https://www.pcug.org.au/wp/member-services-2/special-interest-groups/related-group-activities/advanced-linux-clug/>

PCUG: Linux Learners’ SIG
	<http://www.pcug.org.au/wp/member-services-2/special-interest-groups/linux-learners-sig/>

PCUG: Open Source