[clug] Is there volunteer group in Canberra to help people load Linux for the first time?

Rodney Peters rodneyp at iinet.net.au
Sun Jun 4 06:37:54 UTC 2023

I'm the co-coordinator of PCUG Linux SIG.

We don't have a large active membership and our members are primarily
experienced Linux users.

I doubt that we would take on the assignment.  Our experience with
trying to support relatively inexperienced users via email or phone has
invariably ended unsatisfactorily.  Almost inevitably some issue arises
where on-site support becomes necessary.

Perhaps approach ITShare and ascertain what distro they would best be
able to support, then prepare a USB stick to run a live version of that,
to be posted to the beginner.

Rod