[clug] ASD/ Five Eyes report on "Memory Safe" languages

David C cottrill.david at gmail.com
Sat Dec 9 04:33:21 UTC 2023

Yep, but in response to license shenanigans there's an open fork. The
language itself is free of charge but Hashi are under the pump for profits
so they imposed a variety of BUSL on it. There's a few things it's good for
and a wide variety of tasks it isn't good for. Good for: heaps of cloud,
making other Hashi products "just work". What it's not good at is editing
config like Ansible.
Terraform's big thing is a state file, which is a blessing and a curse.