[clug] ASD/ Five Eyes report on "Memory Safe" languages

Brenton Ross rossb at fwi.net.au
Fri Dec 8 11:16:40 UTC 2023

I suppose the good news is that C# and Java seem to be the most popular
languages for new business applications, and Python seems popular to in
the academic and engineering fields.

For my favourite, C++, it can be easily used in a memory safe manner. I
think its steadily getting better in this regard.

The area of concern is where memory and CPU power are in short supply
which leads to C code (or assembler). Its all very well creating robust
applications for servers and desktops but having your network
compromised by a smart light bulb.

Brenton