[clug] Ubuntu issues

Peter Ellis vk1pe.peter at gmail.com
Mon Feb 7 08:34:30 UTC 2022

Hello,

I seem to have an issue with a machine here, with Ubuntu installed.

It has forgotten how to find the wifi card, and will not boot from a USB
Ubuntu 21.10 that has been fine, before; it "sticks" before getting into
the live version from the USB.

I've checked, and the BIOS is pointed at the USB in every way I can find.

So, I feel that I can get past this by "uninstalling" or "spiking" the
onboard Ubuntu, and going in on a seemingly clean disk that will not be
interfering with the USB version.

Suggestions, please?
How do I "spike" or disable the disk version of Ubuntu?

Thanks,
Peter