[clug] Open Source Developers in CBR & region and LCA 2021

steve jenkin sjenkin at canb.auug.org.au
Sat Aug 29 07:46:13 UTC 2020

Is  there an opportunity to have a strictly local event that complied with local Covid-safe rules and perhaps only ran for a day or two? Videos could still be streamed as part of the on-line event.
It’s not very different to the TED-x concept.

It could be advertised in the local paper (CBR Times) if still extant, garnering more local interest.

There are multiple Open Source developers in town, both full-time and volunteer.
They’d be a good start to putting together 6-8 speakers needed for a single day.

Does anyone know if there’s a list of local FOSS developers, or a simple way to put one together?

There is interest about Open Source within ANU’s CECS, not just the professional support staff.
It shouldn’t be hard to get something small going with their help - not unlike the AUUG Summer Conferences of old.

steve

==========

<https://lca2021.linux.org.au>

linux.conf.au 2021 Moves Online
	We have decided that it is for the best to postpone LCA2021 to LCA2022.
	We have secured the 2022 dates with the Australian National University events booking team.
	We will be running LCA Online!

--
Steve Jenkin, IT Systems and Design
0412 786 915 (+61 412 786 915)