[clug] Lenovo to ship laptops pre-installed with Fedora

Chris Smart clug at csmart.io
Tue Apr 28 09:35:40 UTC 2020

I assume y'all have heard the news on your social media or whatever, but Lenovo is planning to ship laptops this year pre-installed with the upcoming Fedora 32[1]. Hopefully they are made available in Australia too, Dell's Ubuntu based XPS 13 Developer Edition still is not.

ThinkPads usually run Linux really well anyway, and we all know that Fedora is the greatest (that flame bait, even though it's true), but I guess it's good news that you can buy them with Linux soon (hopefully).

[1] https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2020/04/lenovo-is-joining-dell-in-the-oem-linux-laptop-club/