[clug] Blank CD-R Disc

Bryan Kilgallin kilgallin at iinet.net.au
Mon Sep 3 03:37:31 UTC 2018

I wrote:

> So I opened a Terminal window. And I tested sudo, using an example. But
> it failed, refusing my password!

Correctly, the error message said that my username "is not in the
sudoers file.  This incident will be reported.".

> I'd next like to use recovery-mode, to install those applications, from
> the command-line interface.
 From Ubuntu Software, I found the ClamTk website.
https://dave-theunsub.github.io/clamtk/
Therefrom, I downloaded the clamtk 5.25 Debian/Ubuntu deb package.

Then via GRUB and recovery mode, I dropped to root. Remounting with
write permissions, I used sudo dpkg -i on that package. Which reported
dependency problems preventing configuration of clamtk!
	clamav
	clamav-freshclam
	libtext-csv-perl
	libjson-perl
	gnome-icon-theme
Now Ubuntu Software says that ClamTk is installed. Clicking its
Favourites-icon, starts a wait-icon--that then disappears!
--
members.iinet.net.au/~kilgallin/