[clug] Debian WiFi driver

Glen Cunningham glen1 at skymesh.com.au
Thu Jun 7 23:14:48 UTC 2018

On Thursday 07 June 2018 21:07:10 Tony Marzano via linux wrote:

> I couldn't find a way through the BIOS or through Debian to identify
> the WiFi specs.
>
> The computer is a HP HP Stream Laptop 11-y0XX.
>
> Thanks,
> Tony

G'day Tony,
   I have one of these horrible HP Stream netbooks running Peppermint
Linux.   Since there is no ethernet, WiFi is needed for networking.

FWIW.  lspci  shows
  01.00.0 Network controller: Intel Corporation Wireless 3160 (rev 83)

 and lsmod shows
    hp_wireless
	is the module responsible.

   If your chosen distribution does not include the hp_wireless module
by default, then you may have to do some work to get it installed.

HTH,
Glen

-- Top posting is an insidious Micro$oft culture.