[clug] Android jpeg to png image converter?

Scott Ferguson scott.ferguson.clug at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 10:57:26 UTC 2018

On 18/04/18 18:23, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic via linux wrote:
> On 18 April 2018 at 17:36, Bryan Kilgallin via linux
> <linux at lists.samba.org> wrote:
>> Thanks Jeff:
>>
>>> This looks to be a benchmarking tool of some form rather than Image
>>> Magick itself.
>>

>> I tried ImageMagick with Ubuntu. It would begin launching--and then the
>> launchpad icon disappeared. I tried uninstalling via Ubuntu Software, then
>> reinstalling with Synaptic Package Manager. Still no luck, so I removed it!
>
> As far as I'm aware, the ImageMagick package ships a group of command
> line utilities, not a GUI.

Yes, and no.
"display <pathtoimagefile>" (from the imagemagick package)
will display the image, and if you click on the image, will give you a
menu of options - not all the CLI options. Importantly the GUI will not
give you the "convert" option, required for format changes.

The same can be done with imagemagick-6.q16 (from the imagemagick-6.q16
package)
e.g. /usr/bin/display-im6.q16 -nostdin %F

Re: the original question - Android Studio will convert graphic images,
there are a number of ways of doing it via ADB if you have root on the
device, or install imagemagick (onto Android
https://github.com/ImageMagick/ImageMagick).

For an Android app solution - there are several, the first one that
shows in quick search of Google Play is:-
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.paul.icon&hl=en

Dunno about FDroid or FOSSDroid, but they likely also similar apps.

Also, there is this project:-
https://github.com/patrickfav/density-converter

Kind regards