[clug] Debian 9 "Stretch" released, June 17th, 2017

Bob Edwards bob at cs.anu.edu.au
Tue Jun 20 01:17:52 UTC 2017

On 19/06/17 17:12, Andrew Donnellan via linux wrote:
> On 19 Jun 2017 10:25, "Andrew Donnellan" <andrew at donnellan.id.au> wrote:
>
> I think I'm going to be writing off most of this afternoon upgrading
> and then unbreaking my work machine...
>

> Well, after spending around two hours trying to figure out a strange
> interaction between systemd and dbus that was causing every package script
> that tried to start services to hang... the upgrade appears to be going
> smoothly enough. I might even get out of the office by dinner time!

One work machine? Boo-hoo.

I have three physical machines at home and three hosted VPS's all
running Jessie (well, not all of them anymore), plus around 25
containers on those six hosts - and that is just my non-work
machines... (oh yeah, and some VirtualBox instances on various
family laptops...).

So far, the upgrades have been living up to the usual legendary
Debian upgrade goodness.

My work management system tells there are 75 servers running
Jessie (and now three running Stretch)... I'll get onto my main
work desktop near the end of the process... (the other desktop
has been running testing/Stretch for months now)

Goodbye Jessie - you served us well and we will miss you...

cheers,

Bob Edwards.