[clug] Colour management

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Jan 7 04:53:18 UTC 2017

Thanks, Sam:

> If you want to change the colors of applications, you can use Gtk+ 3
> css.

Metacity "Lightweight GTK+ window manager" is installed. And I have just
installed the following add-ons:
	* Standard GNOME themes (gnome-themes-standard); and
	* Themes for the gtk2 metacity window manager (metacity-themes).
Now in the Personal section of the "System Settings": "All Settings"
window, I choose "Appearance". At the bottom of the Appearance window's
"Look" tab, is "Theme". In that drop-down menu, now "Adwaita" also is
listed. Unfortunately that theme causes four of the icons to disappear!
So I retain the default "Ambiance" theme selected.

> On any Gtk+ 3 application, press Ctrl-Shift-I to open the
> interactive inspector that lets you test css changes live.

Typing "GTK+" into the Dash, shows three applications, including Startup
Disk Creator. But with the latter open and selected, pressing
Ctrl-Shift-I does nothing!
--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/