[clug] I feel like a newbie... question

David C cottrill.david at gmail.com
Sat Feb 20 21:26:03 UTC 2016

I agree with Rodney's description, I haven't used supergrub, but it sounds
the right tool for the job. Not having a grub prompt suggests this is an
easy fix, even though it looks bad.

If you don't get your hands on supergrub, you should be able to fix it in a
live CD with a root prompt
mount $your_root_partition /mnt
grub-install --boot-partition=/mnt/boot $your_hard_drive

Your hard drive is probably /dev/sda and your root partition is probably
/dev/sda1 but you should check before reinstalling grub.