[clug] SSH + X11 forwarding.

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Mon May 18 19:25:04 MDT 2015

Can someone please educate me as to what I'm missing, I thought I'd
done all the right things.

Two Ubuntu 14.04 installs, I want to get X11 forwarding over ssh. This
sort of stuff used to just work, no doubt the answer is staring me in
the face, I just can't see it right now.

Have done:

1. apt-get install xbase-clients  (both)

2. added

   ForwardAgent yes
   ForwardX11 yes
   ForwardX11Trusted yes

to /etc/ssh/ssh_config on both.

3. added

   X11Forwarding yes
   X11DisplayOffset 10

to /etc/ssh/sshd_config on both.

$ ssh -X me at host
Warning: No xauth data; using fake authentication data for X11 forwarding.
$ xterm
connect /tmp/.X11-unix/X0: No such file or directory
xterm: Xt error: Can't open display: localhost:11.0

ta