[clug] Wickr and previous privacy discussion

da ro charlesaymard at gmx.de
Sun Mar 22 02:09:02 MDT 2015

There is a very, very extensive discussion of this on the Textsecure
issue tracker that is easily findable through their support site.

Essentially, they use the Google push-messaging framework to send
encrypted data through it, because they believe it is the only
feasible infrastructure on their scale. a web-socket implementation is
in the works though, and now that the iPhone suite (Signal) is
published it may hopefully see more activity. (they also dropped
support for encrypted legacy sms, for clarity)

Best, Daniel