[clug] OT: Does Google give information to Facebook?

Brett Worth brett.worth at gmail.com
Sat Mar 7 19:03:28 MST 2015

I have just seen something that indicates yes.

Someone in my family send a letter with some photos (snail mail) to someone in Eurpoe.
This was a First Contact (tm).  The sender included their gmail address in the letter.

The receiver sent a single email back to the sender saying thanks.

The following day the sender received an email from Facebook asking if the European was
someone they might like to friend.

Is this normal?  There was no other electronic connection except for the single email
(gmail to gmail) in one direction.

Brett

--