[clug] Ubuntu & space -> Browser for a legacy PC

Bryan Kilgallin bryan at netspeed.com.au
Sat Aug 15 14:40:19 UTC 2015

Thanks, Scott:

> Changing the Subject line does not create a new thread - or engender support.

Whereas I had been condemned for having failed to align title and subject!

> Hijacking threads is considered bad manners.

I don't understand. But merely attempt to answer questions. By stating need.

>>> Optimise for what?
>> Currently my strongest Web browser is Links 2. That's described as a
>> graphics and text mode WWW browser. So many modern sites don't display
>> properly.
>>

> That doesn't answer my question.

I'd like to again use a stronger browser. While continuing to keep a
legacy PC alive.

> Please create a new thread instead of simply replying to one that has
> *nothing* to do with this subject.

We've looked at seeming resource-limitation problems. So my 32-bit
Pentium 4 PC no longer runs Firefox right.

--
www.netspeed.com.au/bryan/