[clug] Next meeting and more

Eyal Lebedinsky eyal at eyal.emu.id.au
Tue Nov 25 05:47:04 MST 2014

On 23/11/14 22:30, Paul Wayper wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've decided to step down from running the CLUG and PSIG.
>
> I've been doing this job for many years now, and it's been increasingly
> difficult for me to do well.  In part this is just because my focus has
> changed, but mostly it's just because I've been doing it now for long enough
> that the continual struggle to get another speaker or to organise a
> discussion topic when we don't have one has made me tired and
> unenthusiastic.  And CLUG deserves better than that.
>
> So if you're interested in seeing CLUG meetings continue, in any form,
> please come along to the meeting this Thursday to discuss what happens next.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Paul

Damn bad timing! I am leaving for Sydney a few hours before the meeting.

I will put my two cents here then. First, your effort is very much appreciated Paul,
and your sentiment is respected.

That being said, I can see CLUG continuing without a scheduled speaker every time.
In the olden days this was the format. We came for the pizza and stayed for the
conversation, which was never boring, organized or not.

Nevertheless, I think that we will benefit from having someone "running" the group,
serving as a point of contact. Maybe even convening the meeting. Or can anyone
suggest another, headless, way that should work for us?

cheers
	Eyal

--
Eyal Lebedinsky (eyal at eyal.emu.id.au)