[clug] Donating furniture

Ben Davies bdcrux at gmail.com
Sun Nov 17 16:56:09 MST 2013

Hi all,

I managed to donate the desk. For the benefit of list members, I
discovered the following from the different suggestions on the thread:

- The salvos: they offered to pick up, but were picky about what they
take. They refused the desk on account of some missing paint (from a
photo I sent).

- The givenow.com.au site led off to GIVIT, which is a “match maker”
between donors and charities. They had an online Virtual Warehouse at
http://givit.org.au/donate-items.aspx but this was empty for Canberra.
The closest activity seemed to be in QLD, so I considered this a dead
end.

- The green shed @ Mitchell happily took the desk.

Hopefully that info will be of use to others down the track :-)

Ben