[clug] zfs on linux

David C cottrill.david at gmail.com
Fri Jul 19 07:35:14 MDT 2013

Hello all,
I replaced FreeBSD with Debian Wheezy tonight after a reasonably serious
root drive failure.
Given that all my data drives are ZFS and the Linux port is not optimised,
would anyone like to offer an opinion about my NFS4 speeds, which are not
optimised in FreeBSD.

Of some note is that this system is built on an HP N40L microserver with
(brace yourselves) 5400rpm 750GB disks.

More of a hypothetical as I never really came to grips with managing
FreeBSD, don't have any solid benchmarks on hand, and don't want to give up
the ZFS goodies.

Thanks for your opinions / advice on making it better.
David