[clug] [OT] With Coders like these, how far can Apple go?

Carlo Hamalainen carlo.hamalainen at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 20:46:23 MST 2013

On Tue, Jan 15, 2013 at 1:31 PM, Hal Ashburner <hal at ashburner.info> wrote:

> IMHO writing your own OS is always, always, always a really, really, really
> good option. I would like to be more emphatic about that so just add your
> own adjectives to taste. ;-)

Many moons ago I did an OS subject where we had to write a memory pager in
C. Our code got compiled against the rest of a kernel and then we could run
various simulations to see how different paging algorithms and parameters
performed. Can't remember what the system was called. For lectures we used
the dinosaur book by Silberschatz, Galvin, and Gagne, but I don't think the
software was related directly to that book. It was good to get a taste of
kernel level programming.

--
Carlo Hamalainen
http://carlo-hamalainen.net