[clug] How to use Ubuntu to get root on Alcatel 995 mobile running Android Gingerbread

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Sun Aug 25 20:11:15 MDT 2013

Hi Stephen and Scott,

Thanks for your prompt replies.

I tried to work out a few of the different posts that I found using your
suggestions but it seemed too difficult for me. I loaded Android 2.3
onto my EEPC but then I couldn't get that software to recognise the
mobile phone using a USB cable. Anyway, I give up.

It's so frustrating. Android seems to be based on linux but any "easy"
way of rooting or updating the software always seems to require a Micro
$oft Windows operating system. I'm so fed up with the world being locked
into M$. (Deleted a big whine about M$ monopoly)

Anyway, thanks for trying.

John