[clug] How to use Ubuntu to get root on Alcatel 995 mobile running Android Gingerbread

jhock jhock at iinet.net.au
Mon Aug 19 20:42:59 MDT 2013

Hi,

I have an Alcatel 995 that is running Android Gingerbread. I would like
to be able to update the operating system and configure the software a
bit better, eg. Change some of the time options for the Calendar
reminders. I need to have root access to do this. All the software that
I can find to root the Android OS is based on Micro$oft Windows.

I have Ubuntu 12.04 LTS on my computer. Can anyone tell me how to get
root access on my Alcael 995 using my Ubuntu computer?

Thanks.

John