[clug] A simple question

Andrew Janke a.janke at gmail.com
Wed May 4 06:11:03 MDT 2011

> This might help?
> https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Installation/FromLinux#Without CD

Ah! much better. Why didn't I think of that!?  given that I use
debootstrap all the time to make deb packages.

As for Ubiquity, no dice (well ubiquity-frontend-gtk anyhow), it
chokes when it tries to re-read the partition table/make changes to it
as you are running from that disk.

I would also guess that you can also only install the same version as
what you are running from.  I am wanting to have a crack at natty
(currently on maverick), and figured there must be a more fun way than
using a USB stick, that seems just too easy.

ta