[clug] JOB - System Admin Position - Deakin, Canberra

Melanie Rooney mrooney at squiz.com.au
Mon Mar 7 20:37:03 MST 2011

Hi,

I am the Regional Manager for Squiz in the Canberra region - an Australian owned and operated company offering professional services around its open-source web content management software.

I am looking for a mid-level LINUX System Administrator to help our office support its large & growing client base (mostly Fed Govt clients). Skills we value highly:

Linux (Debian and RedHat Enterprise Linux)
Understanding of Linux/Apache/Postgresql/PHP web application architecture
Good understanding of database (Postgresql/Oracle) administration and SQL
Skills in PHP programming
Previous exposure to proxy and caching servers (Squid)
Understanding of caching, load balancing, and high availability
BASH scripting skills, Perl highly regarded
Good client-facing & communication skills

You will work in a close, fun team of web professionals from our Deakin office mostly, but some onsite troubleshooting and scheduled onsite software upgrade work is involved. Minimal out of hours/weekend work/travel required.

Australian Citizenship a must and willingness to undergo Highly Protected level security clearance with Federal Government.

We offer free parking, a work laptop and a relaxed & flexible work environment.

Interested? See http://squiz.com.au/careers/current-jobs/canberra/systems-administrator and/or give me a call/email.

-Melanie

Melanie Rooney | Regional Manager (ACT)/National Regional Manager (QLD,WA,NT)

Squiz Australia Pty. Ltd.
A Unit 3, 19 Napier Close, DEAKIN ACT 2600
Phone:  +61 2 6202 1505   Mobile: + 61 419 496 131  W  www.squiz.com.au

AUSTRALIA   UNITED KINGDOM   NEW ZEALAND   EUROPE   UNITED STATES
SYDNEY   MELBOURNE   CANBERRA   HOBART   BRISBANE

SUPPORTED  OPEN SOURCE  SOLUTIONS