[clug] March CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group meeting

Ivan Lazar Miljenovic ivan.miljenovic at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 15:28:38 MST 2011

On 8 March 2011 09:00, Paul Wayper <paulway at mabula.net> wrote:
>        CLUG Programmers' Special Interest Group Meeting - 10th March 2011
>        ==================================================================
>
> Date:           10th March 2011 (Second Thursday of the month)
>
> Time:           19:00 - 21:00 (or when it finishes)
>
> Speaker:        Ivan Miljenovic
>
> Abstract:       Ivan will be giving an introduction to functional
>                programming. More information will be provided when Paul
>                gets it.

Sorry all, I forgot to send Paul an abstract (and am still writing up
the slides).

Title: The Interested CLUGgers Guide to Functional Programming

I will be giving a brief introduction to Functional Programming: what
it is, the advantages that this programming paradigm provides you (as
well as problems and criticisms against it) and how/where it is used
in industry.  The primary focus will be on purely functional languages
(of which Haskell is the prime example), but will also cover aspects
common to all of these languages.

--
Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
Ivan.Miljenovic at gmail.com