[clug] Request for Ideas/Suggestions: Fedora Scientific Spin

Randall Crook rcrook at vtown.com.au
Sun Jul 3 07:29:15 MDT 2011

I am in the process of developing and rolling out network deployment of linux for the Deep Space Network for NASA/JPL. The process so far has been taking the already developed framework for the solaris Jumpstart system and convert it for Kickstart. Most of that has been done and the current supported dists are RH54 and SL54.

We are hoping to influence the different JPL tasks into keeping to these dist lines as they move from solaris to Linux. A more bleeding edge Science focused dist would just add to the choices available to JPL.

So +1  here for the fedora spin.

RSC