[clug] Kindle 3 WiFi

Felix Karpfen felix.karpfen at gmail.com
Thu Feb 24 10:17:13 MST 2011

Last year, I sought the views of CLUG members on eBook readers.  Kindle
got the "thumbs down" treatment and FBReader scored some Brownie points.

I have been using FBReader very successfully on my computer.  But
attempts to use it on a cheap Chinese tablet were a disaster; the tablet
version of FBReader is great; the tablet was rubbish.

Meanwhile, Amazon has released "Kindle 3 WiFi".  It sells for $137 (close
to what I paid for the Chinese tablet) and, according to the published
specs, it can access all the sites that offer copyright-free eBooks for
download.

Comments are invited.

Felix Karpfen

--