[clug] port forwarding

freds72 at softhome.net freds72 at softhome.net
Mon Apr 18 17:15:28 MDT 2011

Hi, for those that need to remotely administer relatives/friends boxes, I
can recommend teamviewer.
It works with linux and windows,
Can be easily downloaded and installed by the most pc illiterate,
It puts an icon on the desktop to be clicked, which gives a dialogue box
with an id number and password.
I have used it a couple of times and it works smoothly.
The only caveat is that it needs a running internet connection.
Those of you who work with PCs can probably punch holes through firewalls
easily:)
Or have a commercial solution which does the same thing.
but for lesser mortals, this does the trick.

Disclaimer; I have no affiliation with teamviewer, it just helps me
administer family pcs.

cheers
Pete