[clug] /dev/snd permissions

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Sun Jul 4 21:21:17 MDT 2010

Hal Ashburner <hal.ashburner at gmail.com> writes:
> On 05/07/10 12:32, Daniel Pittman wrote:
>
>> Hey, I strongly suspect that it already /does/ belong to "There, I fixed it",
>> since an out-of-the-box Fedora 13 install should be getting this right...
>
> I believe OP said it was an upgrade rather than a fresh install. Iirc fedora
> recommends a fresh install rather than upgrading from one release to the next
> via yum or similar.

Still?  A little bird told me that they had gotten less awful over the years,
and could now actually cope with the idea that users might not want to
reinstall their systems annually and all.

How disappointing, but yeah: it could explain the problem.  If the OP has a
user account that isn't in the right groups or whatever to gain access to the
new magic...

        Daniel